Ten Things You Don’t Know About Me
I don’t think I’m very interesting! That’s one thing.
Here I go. Iva Ursano suggested this challenge so I am going to give it a go. I hope no one falls asleep reading this but if you do I will get credit for a long read. So, it’s all good.
- I have been to 22 foreign countries. Canada, Mexico, Aruba, Curacao, Bahamas, England, France, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Jordan, Egypt, Vietnam, South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Ecuador, and Peru.
- My first time in Tijuana, Mexico I was 17. My whole family went on a day trip from my brother’s home in San Diego. I stole some jewelry from a street shop. I have no idea why! I never stole anything in the states or ever again for the rest of my life. I was so stupid. If I had been caught what would have happened? In Mexico? My dad would have kicked my butt, that’s what!!! And he would have left me in jail to “teach me a lesson”.
- My horse threw me off when I was 15 and I fractured 2 vertebrae in my thoracic spine. The fractures were right where my bra strap hooked and it hurt too much to wear one. Good thing it was 1969 ( just before Woodstock). Going braless was in style. My back still hurts to this day.
- I once had a job where I walked around a big department store with a stiff leash and collar as if I was walking my dog. But there was no dog. It was a gag gift they were selling and I was promoting it. The looks I got were hilarious. They actually paid me to do that for 6 hours. I’m not sure how many of the stupid things they sold that day. I didn’t get a commission.
- I went to Catholic schools until 12th grade and wanted to be a nun. No further discussion is necessary.
- I was the Homecoming Queen my senior year. I can’t say I’m all proud of this minor accomplishment but at the time it was a big deal.
- I never wear any jewelry. I just don’t like it. No pierced ears. No rings. Nothing. (maybe to keep me from stealing it again!)
- I had 37 kidney stones between age 31 and 62, and 8 surgeries to remove the ones that got stuck. Plus, a blasting surgery on each side, called Electro Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL).That stopped my kidney stones once and for all. It’s been 4…